- Two UBC students volunteering with UBC Recreation actually pitched Yoga Rave and they had to convince our full time staff member that this would be a success! Today, Yoga Rave is one of UBC Recreation’s largest events!
- The event is completely FREE! Yup, that’s right, you get the chance to attend one of UBC Recreation’s most iconic events for no charge! We want to make sure this event is accessible to everyone regardless of financial status.
- The event is all for fun and for all abilities; we welcome folks of all abilities.
- Why do we have the lights off and the black lights on? We are trying to create an environment where individuals feel comfortable to move in the way they want to, while still having a fun experience!
- Who will be providing us with some awesome beats for the event? We are thrilled to have DJ Gordon Patrick at our event for the second year in a row!
- The room where the event will take place will have black lights so be sure to wear white and other fluorescent colors! Why do some things glow under black lights? Find out here.
- Last year we had students point out that glow sticks are single-use products that we throw into the garbage after use. Given that feedback, we will not have glow sticks this year. Instead we will be having lots of glow paint that is water-soluble, keeping our environment free of any harmful substances!
- In addition to all the fun glow painting activities we will have an educational aspect of the event where there will be information highlighting the history of yoga, its cultural significance and the different types of yoga.
We can’t wait to see you at Yoga Rave on Thursday, February 9th!