Welcome to UBC Recreation Aquatics!
Aquatics programming through UBC Recreation offers drop-in swims, aqua fitness classes, and swimming lessons. The Aquatic Centre offers year-round aquatics programming for adults and youth of all ages and abilities.
Click here for our up-to-date Aquatics Drop In Calendar. Please note that our drop in schedules are subject to change.
Latest Aquatic News
Come celebrate the holiday at the UBC Aquatic Centre!
Saturday December 20th
1:00 pm – 4:00pm
Inflatables setup in the pool with Christmas Music to put you in the Holiday Spirit!
From early December through January, there will be construction and detours at Athlete’s Way (the pathway between the Student Recreation Centre and War Memorial Gym). As part of the construction, the work being performed will have the following impacts:
- There will be trenches from between the SUB/north parkade, down to beside our building and all the way up athletes way for install of new water piping infrastructure.
- Estimated this will take a month, but will be in phases where each area will be occupied for 2 weeks before the next section is started and the previous is re-filled.
Detours and Access Limitations
- There will be a narrow walk-way along the east side (side nearest to the Student Recreation Centre) of the Student Union Building providing access to the UBC Aquatic Centre, War Memorial Gym, and along War toward Wesbrook Mall.
- No access between the SRC and SUB for the first portion of the project (estimated to be the first 2-3 weeks after construction begins)
- No access from the SRC to War Memorial Gym or Aquatic Centre without walking toward North Parkade and detouring around the Student Union Building or walking around the bus loop along Wesbrook Mall.
Also, please note that during this time, SRC building access will be limited to:
- Main entrance doors only
- The secondary entrance doors near the bike rack will only be accessible by a small walkway along the side of the building
- For accessibility, a ramp will be installed to create a walkway through the garden and down the side of the building
Maps of the construction area have been provided to better outline the detours and impacts during this time.
Notice of Construction in Men’s Change Room December 8-12. Please excuse the noise and debris as we complete repairs. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The UBC Aquatic Centre’s old universal equipment will be replaced with a new Matrix multi-station gym and a Precor Icarian cable pulley system. Additionally, LifeFitness cardio equipment will also be added, including:
- 1 – Cross Trainer
- 1 – Upright Stationary Bike
- 2 – Recumbent Bikes
Other equipment we are considering for future installation includes a treadmill, spin bikes, and a multi-use leg machine.
The fitness room will be closed during removal of old equipment and installation and set-up of the new equipment. We expect this closure to take 2-3 days. An announcement regarding the closure dates will be posted once this information is available.